Monday, May 31, 2010
Strawberry Field Medium Frame purse, Toon Design, $12.00
2. Teasel and Lace Strawberry Floral Throw Pillow Cover, ModDiva, on sale for $15.95
3. Strawberry Blank Note Cards, smith letterpress, $26.00
4. Fraise Vintaj Drop Earrings, Sea Shore Glass, $15.00
5. Vintage Plaid Strawberry Blouse, Size Medium, Lynn's Rags, $14.00
6. Turquoise and red round ring, Baronika Handcrafted Artisan Jewelry, $21.00
Peasant Dress, Size 2T, For The Love of Smocking, $24.00
2. Strawberry Gummy Bear Necklace, Baby Loves Pink, $15.00
3. Strawberry Fields Shirred Smocked Jumper, sizes 12m - 8 years, Spoiled Cotton, $49.00
4. Red and Blue Strawberry Dishtowels, Curry Kay Designs, $17.00
5. The Modern Baby Quilt, Strawberry Fields, Second Sanctuary, $225.00
6. Fruit Art Strawberry, LaBerge: Fine Art prints, limited editions, and originals, $17.50
I hope you enjoy my strawberry finds as much as I've enjoyed sharing with you. Remember to support artisan made pieces. In a faltering economy, many people are looking to their wares as income makers. And what could be better than having that one-of-a-kind, where did you get that piece?
Saturday, May 29, 2010
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visted Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
24. Built a snow fort
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone Rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo's David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Effel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone Whale Watching
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Save a favorite childhood toy
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle
80. Publish a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Kissed a stanger at midnight on NYE
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone's life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Gotten a tatoo
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swan in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
Photos from Beauty In Everything and We Heart It
Honor Flight to the WWII Veterans Memorial. I am so happy about this! For those of you that are unfamiliar with Honor Flight, it's primary mission is to send WWII veterans free of charge to Washington, DC to see the Memorial before they are unable to go. Tours, busses, food, etc, is all provided free of charge. Last year, my grandfather was inducted into the Ohio Veterans Hall of Fame for his work in the USO during the war and his work as a high school band leader, community musician, and conductor after the war. This feels like the next wonderful thing to do to honor him.
Honor Flight is always in need of donations. If you have the money to donate, you can go here to support the cause.
My grandpa's flight is June 12th. Hopefully my dad will take lots of photos that I can share with you when they come back. In the meantime, please pray for the men and women who have served our country in all conflicts and who are currently serving and keep the good people of honor flight in your thoughts. This is a beautiful thing that they are doing.
Photo from We Heart It
Friday, May 28, 2010
I let the sun go down twice on my anger. In Ephesians it says never to do that. And boy oh boy, did the devil gain his foothold. You should have heard the thoughts going through my head and the curses hurled at my husband (on second thought, it's better that you didn't). We've never had a period where we fought for days; we've always made it a point to put it to bed before we go to bed. But I wasn't willing to let this one go before HE GOT MY POINT!
Hopefully we (I) will have learned from this. I don't ever want to repeat the feelings and anger of the last few days. I think that a lot of what came up was stuff that had been stewing for a while, but still, Never go to bed on angry thoughts. God knew what he was talking about. And bless Paul for writing it all down.
Photos from Beauty In Everything and We Heart It
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
A Depth of Field photo for You Capture
Monday, May 24, 2010
* Am delighted to have been added to the blog list on High Calling Blogs. Their mission is to encourage faith in both daily life and work life. Their blog is fantastic and features amazing articles. Check it out!
* The whole Tribe went to the dentist today. It was Will's first trip and he was not at all impressed, though I do have to day that he was good and let the dentist examine his teeth. He also serenaded the hygienist with a song about a dog who was going bye.
* Took Kendall to the pet store for supplies for her new hedgehog. Yep, we have a hedgehog in the house. It's a skittish thing, and makes a funny, mechanical purring noise when it's upset. And it bit me when I tried to get it out of Kendall's pant leg. But it's really cute.
* Wanted to get lots of gardening done this weekend, but had a killer migraine yesterday. Spent the entire day in a haze of Imitrex and caffeine.
* Must get lots of laundry done this week. We are still using clothes lines and this week is supposed to be sunny and in the 80's. Have a mountain of laundry from all of the rain we've been having.
Saturday, May 22, 2010
The house wren's song
Peonies - beautiful, boofy, and smell like heaven
Hummingbirds (I saw one feeding on my false indigo yesterday)
Earl Grey and Lady Grey Tea, no lemon, no sugar, no cream (I'm a purist)
Holding hands with my hunny
Eating a peach straight off of the tree
Kissing like teenagers (highly recommended!)
Fresh apple cider
Hot enough to make my skin pink bubble baths
Slow summer strolls
Dancing like a goofball
Friday, May 21, 2010
I will never be thin enough.
I don't spend enough time with my children.
I don't show my husband that I love him enough.
I don't cook enough nutritious meals.
I don't do enough for my church.
I don't bake enough.
I don't do enough to support my children's schools.
I don't dust the house enough.
I'm not sexy enough.
I'm not smart enough.
I'm not good enough at my job.