Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Interweave Knits

The New Interweave Knits

The new edition of Interweave Knits finally arrived at my local Krogers this week! Woo-hoo! As usual, it is full of great patterns and articles. I especially enjoyed the article about Brooklyn General, a nifty craft store in Brooklyn, NY (I harbor a dream of one day owning my own yarn shop, and this store is exactly what I have had in mind). I've also had to add three more projects (at least) to my to-do list, the Maltese Hat, which I plan to make for my baby Will (so that he'll look like a little gnome!), the Spectrum Scarf (so simple and yet so beautiful), and Gossamer Stars Scarf. I also would like to make a sweater, but haven't decided on one yet.

Such a great reason to shop for yarn. For the hat, I'm thinking Rowan "Felted Tweed" in Herb, Crystal Palace "Kid Merino Solid" in Vine Green, Sage, Fog Green, and Sand (though not necessarily in that order) for the Spectrum Scarf, and, while I haven't decided on the Gossamer Stars Scarf, I'm dreaming of knitting it with Windy Valley Muskox Qiviut (I'm actually dreaming of knitting anything with Qivuit!). In practical terms, I have enough yarn in my stash to knit all of the above, but doesn't a stash alway need adding to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails