Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ravelry

Ravelry

I haven't posted in a few days. I received my invitation to Ravelry and was sucked into its vortex for a few days. What a great site! Cool groups, places to organize your projects (who needs to buy a knitting journal now?), and thousands of patterns, a lot of them free! I am in love.

Have started two new projects. Began the aforementioned colorwork project, the Fair Isle Rapids scarf on Knitty. Am using Red Heart yarn as it is my first Fair Isle project; didn't want to use expensive yarn when I didn't know how it would turn out. But it's looking good so far, although I haven't gotten through one repeat of the pattern yet.

Photobucket

Also have started a pair of legwarmers for my daughter's birthday on July 10. She will be 15!!! She's a figure skater and has talked about how cool legwarmers are, so I came up with a pattern and am cranking a pair out. Am using Caron Simply Soft in Confetti - I was tempted by some self-striping yarn that I found on the internet by Yarntini, but times are tight, and I had the Caron yarn. The legwarmers remind me of Rainbow Brite or Punky Brewster as they are so colorful. Kendall will love them. Will post a pic when I have completed one.

Photobucket
Such a rainbowy girl!

Now I'm going back to Ravelry - I predict a Ravelry 12-step group in the future!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails