Friday, April 3, 2009

The Yummiest Mexican Casserole, More Websites to Visit

The Yummiest Mexican Casserole

I love Mexican food but I get tired of making tacos every time I have a craving or my family wants them. So I was quite pleased to find a recipe on the internet that I modified and made my own (you have to improvise when you don't have all of the ingredients, you know). My 10-year-old was impressed and my husband declared this recipe "a keeper." So here's how you do it!

You will need:
1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 (16 ounce) bag of shredded cheese (I mixed Colby, Monterey Jack, and Mozzerella)
1 can whole kernel corn
1 package taco seasoning mix
1 jar of the salsa of your choice
1 (6 1/2 ounce) package of corn bread mix
1 egg
2/3 cup milk

1. Preheat your oven to 375 F.


2. Brown the meat in a large skillet.


3. While the meat is cooking prepare the corn bread: add one egg and 2/3 cup milk to the cornmeal mix and stir well.


4. When the meat is fully browned, add the corn (don't drain it), taco seasoning, and the entire jar of salsa and mix well.


5. Pour half of the corn bread mixture into a greased 9x 13 casserole. Layer half of the cheese on top. Then add your meat mixture. Cover the meat mixture entirely with the remaining corn bread mix. Top with the rest of the cheese.


6. Bake for about 25 minutes or until nicely browned.


7. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.


8. Sigh with delight at the tasting of above casserole.

Photobucket
I don't take nice pictures of food; this one is courtesy of paltysma on photobucket.

More Websites to Visit

So what else? I have found a few new knitting sites that I think you may enjoy. See Eunny Knit is Eunny Jang's gorgeous blog about her amazing knitting. Check out this amazing Twisted Stitch Sweater. You will want to knit everything on her blog. Really.

I think I've mentioned Vogue Knitting here before. If I haven't, I have been remiss. A fellow Ravelry member left a post about this page of stitch patterns on Vogue Knitting's website. I love cables and am always happy to have a few more cable patterns to play around with.

I just found this great new e-zine Knotions. It seems to be competing with Knitty, but the thing I like about this site is that I came across quite a few plus-sized patterns that were actually cute! I'd like to knit the Oak Leaf Socks when I want a break from my current sweater project (which is going swimmingly, by the way). Anyhow, enjoy!

1 comment:

Faith said...

I'm following now from Social Parade. This looks YUMMY! Can't wait to read more:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails