Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Feels like summer

It never takes long for into feel like summer in Ohio. We go from winter to the 70s in weeks. This picture feels like our gorgeous weather and stars the previously featured Linus (last in in 2010s August break).

Have any of you attended a Walk to Emmaus? I attended Central Ohio Women's Emmaus Walk #74 (back in aught 4) and sat at the table of Deborah *clap*. I've also served on two teams. This weekend I will be serving as one of the live-in Logistics members and scrubbing toilets and filling paper towel dispensers. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the amount of work, but ready to be of service.

If you have been on a walk, I'd love to hear about your experience (without giving away any spoilers!). If you have no idea what the heck I'm talking about I will most likely be posting about the weekend soon, or you can search (since I can't do links as I am still using my phone to post- yes I am) Central Ohio Walk to Emmaus and click on "What is Emmaus?" It is an amazing experience and a wonderful community for any believer or searcher to become involved in.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

7 comments:

Emily said...

I've never heard of it, so I'll look forward to your post this weekend!

It feels like summer here too, it finally got up to 101 last weekend!

faith76 said...

Love that picture of Linus. If looks very warm x It's having lots of showers were I'm from - April showers but in May :/. Our weather has been a little topsy turvy as it has been glorious sunshine in April which is very very unusual for the UK. Especially from up north were I am from.

Looking forward to reading about your walk weekend.

Leah x

Jamie said...

I've never even heard of it

Claudia said...

love the pic and the walk to emmaus sounds interesting...wishing you a lovely time

Char said...

gorgeous shot - it's warm here too - too warm

hope you have a wonderful weekend

wende said...

I hope you had an amazing time, being of service. Sometimes those roles give you time to observe and contemplate.

As for summer... it will not really feel like "summer" until mid July here. And even then, our summer is more like your spring. How I miss hot muggy days that lead to warm sultry nights.

Karate Los Angeles said...

You guys are lucky to have the warm weather. It was really warm here for two weeks and now it's gone back to the cold and winter-y feeling! I just wish the weather would make up its mind :)
Ava

Related Posts with Thumbnails