Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lordy, Lordy, I'm Almost 40!

Today is my birthday.  The big 3-9.  Do you remember when you were a child and 40 seemed so old and 50 was positively ancient?  Now I wonder how I got this old.  Not that 39 or 40 or even 70 seems that old anymore especially when the day comes and you ARE 39.  Why, I'm positively a baby according to some of the women in my church.

Time is odd. Einstein said it was all relative and explained it this way: "When you spend a minute with a beautiful woman it seems like seconds have passed, but place your finger on a burner for that same minute and it feels like and eternity."  Right now, it feels like my life has passed by in mere days.  My child became 4 overnight and the time that I spend with those I love can feel like seconds.  My birthday wish is that God would slow down the important events in my life and let me savor them a little longer.  In the grand scheme we have only seconds on this earth and I'd like to enjoy each one of them.


13 comments:

Katiebee said...

happy birthday day erin!

xo

katie

Cindy said...

Happy Birthday to you. It would be great if time could slow down, may all your wishes come true. have a great day.

Hello I'm Lala! said...

I just loved your post!! Happy happy birthday!! I hope you enjoy your special day.

MariaS said...

Happy Birthday Erin! The 40s have been my best decade so far (I am 44) - welcome and no fear! You will love it here! :)

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Happy birthday!!!

Andrea said...

Happy birthday! You are a few weeks ahead of me, and my daughter is four, too. :) What a match we are! :D Hope you enjoyed your special day.

Kimberly Gauthier, Dog Nutrition Blogger for Keep the Tail Wagging said...

I AM 40 - hit the big four o in May and I love it. It does crack me up that I actually thought 35 was ancient and now I have the kids in my family looking at me as if I'm old. Jeez!

Pitterle Postings said...

Happy Birthday. I am in my 50's, and the best advice that I can give you is to write down as much as possible. You have to do that so that you have the time to savor the moments later!

The Angry Scot said...

Happy Birthday Erin!, i can absolutely relate to what your saying about time flying by, especially where the children are concerned.

janis said...

HAppy Birthday to you~ Happy Birthday to you~ Happy Birthday dear Erin~ Happy Birthday to you!!!
39? what a grand year! 35-45 were my absolute FAVORITE era. Loved my body, soul & mind. Things were peaked. Not loving my being 49...but I have decided to stop mopping and kick it up a bit and embrace things more. Grandma Kitty always told me you make things what they are... So with that in mind, I will learn to love my age again:)

Unknown said...

Cute Blog! now I am also following your blog from http://lifewithtwinsandadramaqueen.blogspot.com/

Meiqua Shepherd said...

Happy belated birthday! I understand what you mean! I just turned 30 earlier this year and I was like man I'm old but it doesn't feel bad! They say 30 is the new 20 so I'm gone see just how true that is while I'm working on getting my 20yr old body back! Happy birthday again! It's a blessing to be 39!

sara said...

Happy belated birthday!! Hope you had an amazing day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails