Friday, September 9, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats


Dogs love peanut butter. We all know that. Peanut butter has a lot of fat. We know that too. So how about using banana for your "oil" to avoid adding more fat? We all need to do what we can to keep our buddies svelte and gorgeous while at the same time letting them know what good pals they are.

These treats are easy to make and received the Carlie seal of approval (in order to receive the Carlie seal of approval, Carlie must continue to look for more treats a full 30 seconds after it is eaten in an attempt to eat more. Quite scientific, I know. I rock that way.)

You will need:

2 cups of crunchy peanut butter
3 mashed bananas
2 eggs
1 cup water
3 cups flour

Here's how you make them:

1. Melt peanut butter in the microwave to make it more manageable.
2. Add bananas, water, and eggs and mix well.
3. Add flour, 1 cup at a time, and mix well.
4. Turn out batter onto a well greased cookie sheet and spread evenly.
5. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and cut into 1" x 1" squares.
7. Return to oven and bake an additional 15 minutes.
8. Turn off oven and leave treats in it for an additional hour and a half.
9. Take the dogs to peanut butter nirvana.

With my cookie sheet I ended up with 144 treats


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to post your recipe on my blog with a link to your's if that is ok. I am planning this as an activity to do with my son to appreciate our dog. This would be amazing as my son has autism and our sweet Labradoodle is very much a support and therapy dog for him.

Then Comes Baby K said...

My dogs will love these!

Andrea said...

Is it seriously that easy? Now I know what to do with the mashed bananas I have in my freezer!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for permission to share. Here is a link to my post: http://30daysofautism.wordpress.com/2011/09/11/building-relationships-tom-and-episodic-memory-lets-make-cookies-for-the-dog-2/
I'll let you know how the adventure turns out :)

Leah

Unknown said...

This looks great, I bet my dogs will love it!

I absolutely love the pictures/graphics on your blog!! So so pretty.

Sarah @ Made in USA Challenge said...

Great recipe. I love spoiling my dogs, but my hound mix is already what the vet classified as "morbidly obese". Maybe this will help with all our dieting efforts with him!
Sarah @ made in usa challenge

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin,

Just a little update. We made the cookies and it was the perfect baking activity to do with my son. And you were right- our dog Finnegan went absolutely wild (in a good way) over them.

I took photos whist we were doing the project.. maybe I will have to do something with them... hmmmmm?!?

Thank you again for a great idea and recipe!

Leah

Related Posts with Thumbnails