Friday, May 7, 2010

Union Station Love

Photobucket

source

Union Station was the central train station in Columbus back in the day. When I was a child, this beautiful arch was backed by what looked like a jungle. You had to drive by the Ohio Penitentiary to see it. Well, the old Penn is long gone, and the area around the arch has become a park. And I think it is such a pretty thing, the arch. I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted of it, but I'll share a few.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

They had just gotten married and were having their wedding photos taken. Isn't that the best? I wished them all of the best forever.


7 comments:

t does wool said...

it is the best.
and great series of images.
happy weekend.

Lois Evensen said...

How beautiful. I remember riding past the Ohio Pen when I was a child and we were in Columbus to visit my brother at OSU (not at the Pen!). I remember the drab high walls, wire at the top, and guard towers. I was happy when it was gone. The Union Terminal Arch is so pretty. I just love your images.

Best,
Lois

Maiden Jane said...

It's lovely!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful place to get your wedding pictures done!

Anonymous said...

wonderful photographs. thanks for much for sharing. have a great weekend!

xo Alison

MarfMom said...

I grew up in Columbus! Lived there till a year ago. My cousin took wedding pictures at the arch :-)

Gasai Photography said...

beautiful photographs :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails