Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Thanks bunches!

I'm always thrilled to receive blogging awards and this week I was graced with two of them. First, Sonia Florian of Sonia's Wonder World awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award. Sonia's blog is really cool; she's Romanian, studied in Germany where she met and fell in love with a Japanese man, so now she lives in Japan. Her blog is an interesting look at her life in Japan and Japaneses culture, architecture, and art.


Photobucket


So, I'm passing this award along to
and

Sarah from Through the Picture Window gave me this award:


Photobucket


Sarah's blog is a great mash-up of family, life, recipes, and every little other great bit she decides to write about. Thanks Sarah!

I'll pass this on along to:
She Smiles, She Writes
Splittergewitter
Whimsybeams
Peace and Projects
My Best Friend Jules
Bohemian Backbone
and
grainline

And now, in the great tradition of blogging awards, 7 random things about me!

1. In my life, I've owned 15 cats. I like dogs, but I truly am a cat person.

2. In medical school, I wanted to go into Forensics (this was long before CSI) but then the Chief Forensic Examiner of the State of Ohio came to school and showed us some pictures of cases and I ran like the wind from that idea (beyond gory - so far beyond)!

3. I collect tinted lithographs, statues of saints, and art pottery (though not so much anymore).

4. I have a celebrity crush on Colin Firth (I know, who doesn't) and John Cusack (a hold over from high school, when Lloyd Dobler was the ultimate.)

5. I'm a PokeManiac. Yes, and a geek, too.

6. I have a thing for Yo Gabba Gabba. The music is incredible and it reminds me of Sesame Streets psychadelic good old days.

7. I either sleep A LOT or am a total insomniac. I never know which it will be.

So thanks a bunch for the awards, they are always appreciated!

15 comments:

Bethe77 said...

Congrats on your awards that you recieved today.
Blessings

Lois Evensen said...

Very nice! Congratulations!

Corinne Cunningham said...

I'm the same w/ sleeping... it's so strange!!
Thank you :)

Tanyia said...

Congrats on your two awards :)

Chrissy said...

Congrats on both awards! Totally deserved! Thanks so much for passing one on to me! Btw - I have a crush on John Cusack as well! xxx

Unknown said...

Yippee!!! Thanks for including me in your list of blog loves! I am honored! <3

xoxo
Keri
Bohemian Backbone

Kelly Marie said...

Thank you so much! I really appreciate this. Next post that I make I will mention this and add a link to your site. Thank you again! :)

sara said...

Oh John Cusack...how I love him.

Char said...

oh yes, john cusack. yum

a girl with a smile said...

What an honor! Thanks Erin, I'll put the award when I get the chance. :)

my best friend jules said...

Congrats for your awards! And thank you so much for passing on one to us :) That really warms our hearts!!!
xxx mervi

Ps. We'll make a little thank you post about the awards we've received over the weekend :)

Claudia said...

congrats erin and thanks so much for thinking of me...feel terribly honored.. also good to get to know you a bit better...with me it's the other way round...i like cats but in my heart are a dog person..smiles

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Erin! You deserve them both!

Kelly Marie said...

I mentioned you in my newest post! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin, thanks for the award :D I've passed it on, and included a description of your blog in it.

(I wanted to do so earlier but Wordpress was down for a while, am glad it's back to normal now)

Related Posts with Thumbnails