Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Verklempt

So last night when I was putting Will to sleep we went through all of the regular motions - sing a lullaby, lots of hugs, tuck him in, stroke his cheek and, of course, I said "I love you, baby." Well, last night was the first night that I got back "I la u too, mommy." I swear, it took everything in me to make it out of that room without getting all teary eyes and verklempt. When I told Tim about it, I did cry a little. My little baby is growing up. Where does the time go?

Photobucket
The boy crashed in front of the TV

Today has not been a productive skeining day. My skeining thingy broke - I put door stoppers to serve as my two winding posts on it and one of the door stoppers just broke right off of its screw and went flying. I have around 15 balls of yarn waiting to be turned into skeins and, right now, no way to do it. So frustrating!

It was a frustrating day in general. I really wanted some New York Super Fudge Chunk ice cream In The Worst Way but we must not eat to soothe our emotions. But now that I'm typing it, I want some even more! Ben and Jerry's, stop calling to me, you wicked tempters! I'm going to go take a bath. Calgon, take me away!

1 comment:

Kitty said...

Your wee one is too cute in his little jammies! What a sweet little face...

And as for the B&J- I can totally relate. When I need some comfort food, I go right for the empty carbs. The worst one is a heaping bowlful (and I mean HEAPING) of white rice and LOTS of butter and salt. My mister thinks I'm crazy. Sometimes food is the only thing that can get in the right place after a hard week. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails