Saturday, November 12, 2011

Marysville Horror Story

About 4 months ago a church friend of ours found a brand new FREE dishwasher and asked my husband if we were interested in it.  My 1961 kitchen wasn't built with a dishwasher in it so for the last 10 years we've been doing the dishes old school- by hand.  Things also tend to break in old homes and ours is no exception.  We haven't had a garbage disposal for about 7 months and have had to close off that side of the sink because there was a large leak below the dead disposal.  We've had a new disposal for several months but it hasn't been installed for one reason or another.

Today is installation day.  The sink and area where the dishwasher will go has been gutted.  The entire kitchen looks like a tornado went through it.  And it's dusty and dirty.  Just look at those pictures- I know, they are scary!

BUT, I will feel like I am living in the lap of luxury when the job is done.  No more hand washing the dishes!  A working garbage disposal!  Two sides of the sink to work with!  I'll make sure to share photos of the finished product.



2 comments:

Katiebee said...

isn't it amazing how a project can destroy your whole house! you'll love your dishwasher~ yeah for you!

xo

katie

gruntswife said...

I love, love, love your pink tile and you will love the dishwasher!

Related Posts with Thumbnails