Sunday, November 27, 2011

Some Quotes, Some Hymns

I've always loved those stylized quotes that you find all over pinterest and decided to try my hand at a few of my own. This first one sits in front of my computer on a small plaque that was given to me by my mom during one of the darkest stages of my depression.


Photobucket


The Little Prince is a book that amazes me every time I read it. As a child it was a cool adventure with a sad ending. As an adult it plumbs the depths of our souls and speaks truths that are difficult to put into words.


Photobucket

This is from my favorite prayer. If you are a long-time reader, you may have noticed that I admire Mother Teresa greatly.


Photobucket



This song just slays me. Right to the heart.



Photobucket



I grew up Methodist. The doxology is part of me. It may be my favorite hymn (besides "In The Garden," which I like to sing with a country twang, and "The Old Rugged Cross," which I used to sing to William when I was nursing him).



Photobucket



That's all I have for tonight. If you've never designed one of these, you crafty bloggers you, I encourage you to do so. It's lots of fun. What would your picture-quote say?

2 comments:

Katiebee said...

that which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger~

hope you had a great thanksgiving erin!

xo

katie

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Nice work, Erin!

I love the Doxology one. I grew up Methodist, too, so that explains it.

Now, I'd like a photo with lyrics from a Mighty Fortress. Guess what denomination I attend now? ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails