Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wait . . . Time to Myself?!

William is in speech therapy camp for the next few weeks in Delaware, OH, which is about 30 min from Mayberry. The sessions last 2 hours, which means that twice a week I get two hours to myself (!) The first time I dropped him off, I sat in my car for about 5 minutes and literally didn't know what to do, it had been so long since I was on my own.

Photobucket

Delaware is delightful. It's one of those towns that when you open your copy of "Country Living," the article starts something like "When Bob and Lucy Luckypants found their charming 120 year old brick colonial in Delaware, OH . ." It's blocks and blocks of beautiful old homes, a downtown that has maintained it's retro charm, antiques stores, cafes with good food, and Crossroads Music, in which Eric Clapton (yes, god lives in Columbus, Ohio) has been spotted. Oh, and it's home to Ohio Wesleyan University, which is about as picturesque and top-notch as a university can be. Old homes, retro downtown with tons of antiques, college town . . . the perfect combo.

Today I'm hanging in Beehive Bookstore, a great little bookstore with an outstanding selection, good coffee and cappy, free wifi, and lots of comfy chairs for reading. Oh, and this really cool mural on the back entrance.

Photobucket

The time goes by Really quickly, then it's back home to laundry, yard sale preparations, and the general work of being a mom. But what a nice way to spend my little bit of free time!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds nice- enjoy your free time! I know that feeling of not even knowing what to do when you get it.

Kara said...

It sounds like a wonderful place to relax and have a few moments of peace. Enjoy!

Emily said...

I love the photos! I'm glad you get some free time to yourself, everyone needs some of that!

Jamie said...

Looks like you are finding beautiful things to keep you busy while you wait - lovely photos.

Lois Evensen said...

What a lovely place to find things to do. :)

Wende said...

Perfection... both the photos and the idea of "me time". Enjoy!!

Sourire11 said...

Sounds like a nice place to have some free time. Love the photographs. And I totally didn't know that Eric Clapton lives in Columbus! Crazy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails