Sunday, July 31, 2011

Walkabout: Churches

While William was at his speech therapy day camp, I decided to grab my camera and take some photos of my walk-about. Delaware is such a picturesque town that it didn't take long to fill my camera with 80 captures. Here are a few of the churches.

Photobucket
Photobucket
I loved the doorway to the Christian Scientist reading room
Photobucket
St Peter's Episcopal Church had a lovely meditation garden that led to the chapel
Photobucket
Many of the churches had stakes outside that said "May Peace Prosper Here" in English and three other languages.
The red door is one of the doorways of Zion United Church of Christ.
The stained glass is part of the First Baptist Church.

Photobucket
The big stained glass window at the First Baptist Church

5 comments:

janis said...

Ahh... I was about Church this morning too. Now I got to visit these lovely churches you posted about too. They are so lovely. We have a gorgeous church recently converted to Condos... They are absolutely gorgeous but it would be so weird living in a church.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pics! Thanks for visiting my blog, The Steady Hand. I am glad I found yours. Have a great day!

Lois Evensen said...

Just beautiful and so appropriate for Sunday.

Unknown said...

Beautiful pics. you have a great eye for details!

http://lookingforisis.blogspot.com/

Susie Buetow said...

I'm already following your blog and love your photo walk. I do love taking pics of churches, too.

Loved your post and thank you for linking up during my Friendly Wednesday Blog hop. Stop back in as we have a link up every Wed and Thur. I'm following you, too. Leave a comment and I'll always visit back! xoxo SusieQTpies

Related Posts with Thumbnails