Monday, August 1, 2011

Easy Iced Mocha

I've been living off of iced mochas the last few weeks and have been a bit on the jittery side as a result. But they are so yummy and super easy to make! Here's how I do it:

I have one of those 24 ounce Tupperware beverage shakers that I make my coffees in. You'll need:

A packet of Starbucks Via or Nescafe coffee OR 2 tsp of instant coffee
Sugar to taste (I use 2 tsp)
Water
Chocolate milk OR chocolate syrup and white milk
Ice

Here's how easy it is:
Put packet of coffee and sugar to taste in shaker.
Add about 5 ounces of water and stir in coffee and sugar.
Add about 6 ice cubes.
Fill the remainder of the container with chocolate milk (or you could substitute a large dollop of chocolate syrup and skim milk to save calories-it's just as good).
Put lid on container and Shake it Like a Polaroid Picture.
Enjoy!

The recipe is easily tweaked to your tastes-you could use only white milk, more or less sugar, etc. Let me know what you think!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

8 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

It sounds fabulous. But, I just used up our chocolate syrup on vanilla ice cream a few minutes ago. :) Maybe tomorrow....

~RaenWa~ said...

Thanks for the yummy recipe I am going to have to try this .

Michelle said...

Mmmm, those do sound good!

janis said...

yum but holy moly CALORIES!

my thrifty closet said...

haha.. i didn't know how they make mochas until now. Didn't know they added choco milk. So yummy!

love,mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Erin Wallace said...

Janis, if skim milk is used, I've figured the drink to have around 225 cal per 12 oz serving. Chocolate milk adds bunches of calories, but sometimes you've got to splurge. Starbucks has about 150 in a 12 oz serving.

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

Oh that sounds wonderful! It's too hot to drink regular coffee right now!

Sharon said...

This sounds good. Also try a scoop of vanilla Haagen Das ice cram in a tall glass of cold coffee with some chocolate syrup. Higher calories--but worth it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails