Sunday, August 14, 2011

OCD Me: 30 Days About Me

So this is how it is. I'm leaving the house and I reach in my bag for my keys where I always (ALWAYS) put them. But they aren't there, and there really isn't much in my purse.

So I tear through the house like a green banshee, rip the place apart, get all "No wire hangers" Mommy Dearest crazy, and I still don't find them.

I freak out about my keys. I might not know where my wallet is, there's no money pr personal data to be had from stealing it, but if I loose my keys I go bonkers.

And you know what? When I was in medical school I did a rotation in Portsmouth, which was really far away from where I lived in Belpre. The last day, I'm all packed up and ready to go home but the doc I'm following wants my help one last time in surgery. I change and since I don't have a locker I put my clothes and keys on the bench in the locker room. And when I get back, my keys are gone. Nowhere. I had to call a locksmith to get a key for my car and hope my landlord was home to let me in my apartment after my three hour drive. The moral of all of this is that I LIVED. The earth didn't end because I lost my keys. But I'm still nuts when it comes to them.

So in my riot through the house I finally decide to return to look in my purse again. They are there. They were all along. Every time this happens, they are always in my purse where I ALWAYS put them. I guess the moral to this story is that I am a little nuts, the keys are always in the purse, take a chill pill. Or a little goblin is messing with me. One or the other.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Flip Floppin' love! Great Blog!

Lois Evensen said...

:) I so understand. Once in awhile my keys fall into the wrong section of my purse - more searching - but they are always there.

Lisa Weidknecht said...

Thanks for joining my Planet Weidknecht Weekend Hop!

Brynn @ MommyDigger.com said...

Funny! I lost my keys too, but unfortunantly they aren't in my purse lol!

Following you back from the Monday Monkey Hop! Thanks for linking up :)

www.mommydigger.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails