Saturday, August 6, 2011

It's a Spotted Touch Me Not!

No one seemed to know what my mystery flower is, so I took matters into my own hands and looked up wildflowers on the internet. I have Spotted Touch Me Nots. They are called that because when you touch the seed pods they explode (I've never done this, will have to try). Also, the juice from the stem is known as a treatment for poison ivy, which I currently have on my arm and grows rampant in our yard (the original owner didn't like kids cutting through his yard, so he let it grow out of control. Yay, original owner. My poison ivy sensitivity would like to have a word with you, and the shingles they triggered a few years ago).

So, it really is a delightful flower which will spread like a demon but is really easy to pull out in places you don't want it. I love it and any shady spot in your garden would love it, too!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

3 comments:

Katiebee said...

Ohhhh, I've never heard of that before~ very interesting. I want you to touch it...*lol* and let me know what happens.
We have lots of poison ivy as well. We cut it back with the week wacker and pour chlorine bleach on it. That did keep it at bay for the year, but it did come back the following year.

xo

katie

faith76 said...

Different , Never seen this type of flower before I like it. x

Leah x

StardustSavannah said...

OMG- you gotta touch it! LOL, enquiring minds want to know...

Tracy

Related Posts with Thumbnails