Thursday, September 30, 2010

Working on an e-course!

So I've talked a lot on here about being yourself on your blog, letting your authentic self shine through. I have lots of new readers who are relatively new bloggers and who seem hesitant to get beyond the superficial stuff with their blogs for fear that they'll tick someone off or lose readership. So the idea came to me to write up a course on a series of writing and art exercises to take place over a three week period to help bloggers dig deep, to give them the skills and confidence to write the type of blog they want to write.

Photobucket

I also thought I'd include a few of the things that I do when I have absolutely no idea what to write. It would give a break from some of the deeper stuff and help develop some skills to use then the old writer's block hits.

This is going to be based on how I've approached my blog. But I'm certainly not trying to create Erin clones - one of me is quite enough, thank you very much!

Photobucket

So what I'd like to know is if there is interest in this course. I'm going to charge a bit for it, but I'm thinking like $30, not the $150 that you'd usually pay. A girl who can't find a job's gotta find a way to make a living (by the way, have you seen my shop? I've been giving serious thought to donating 10% of all profit to a rotating list of charities that my readers can choose. My first one would probably be some Salvation Army effort directed toward the Gulf, but I think what I'd like to do is a poll every three months or so and the readers can choose from a list of pre-selected causes.) K. So if you are interested, please let me know! And if there's enough interest, I'll start writing!

Photobucket
source

3 comments:

Kara's Korner said...

Although I wouldn't be interested in taking the course, I think it's a great idea! I know what you're talking about too...I don't know how to NOT be myself with my goofiness on projects, but I do read some that people are struggling with. Good luck with it!

Citra said...

Wow, your idea is awesome
I'm just not so sure if I join or not
Join.. not.. join.. not..
Well I haven't make any choice :(

Roxanne said...

1. SO down with an e-course. You're one of the most honest bloggers I know and I'd love to get some of your tricks.

2. I'm in love with the fact that you want to donate some of your hard earned money with people less fortunate. I have a few awesome charities in mind.

Related Posts with Thumbnails