Friday, April 23, 2010

Dirt Under my Fingernails

I was out in the garden all day, weeding, transplanting lilies, violets, and lily of the valley from my neighbor's yard to mine. He's building a new patio and wanted to find a new home for his flowers. They are happy in the rose garden now.

Didn't take any pictures, but here's one from yesterday.

Photobucket

It's going to rain all weekend here, so I'll have to put off tilling for the veg garden for a few days. Bought corn, stringless beans, pink chives, genovese basil, cosmos, hollyhocks, and marigolds, and forgot to buy peppers, eggplant, tomatoes(I'll buy small starts of these) and am looking for asparagus starts. I use the marigolds to deter bunnies, the chives are pretty, and I plant garlic all over the garden to deter other pests. I haven't figured out what I'm doing with the cosmos and hollyhocks yet, but I just have to have them!

Photobucket

The more hollyhocks the better (from Beauty in Everything)


More pretty flower pictures can be found here and here, and some prettiness here and here.

4 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Oh, flowers. There can never be enough flowers. Yes, working with them, helping and watching them grow, are all ways to feel at peace while surrounded with beauty. I just love your blog.

Lois

stringsofpurls said...

Lovely! Do you have ideas for colorful shade flowers?
I have so much shade in my yard...

Roxanne said...

That sounds like a really yummy list of veggies! I hope it warms up here soon so I can plant :)

Relyn Lawson said...

Those hollyhocks are just stunning. I love the way they look like party skirts when upside down.

Related Posts with Thumbnails