Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lace Knit Along Update

So I've completely changed my mind about what to knit. I am knitting the Cold Mountain Stole by Kieran Foley from the summer 2009 issue of Knitty. I'm not much into girly lace and I'm growing sick of socks because of the current pair I'm knitting, so I did a total knitting turn around. This stole is right up my alley and would work with yarns and supplies that I already have.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I tried using my red merino wool cashmere blend, which I have tons of, but I have found that if I pull it too tight it breaks. I suspect this would be a problem with any one-ply cashmere, so I'm just going to be careful with it. I think red would work extremely well with this pattern. Another option, but one that would take a bit more time, is that I have a 100% silk sweater with 4 ply lace weight yarn that I haven't unraveled yet. It's a salmon color, which isn't a fav of mine, but silk is incredibly strong - oh, and it's silk. BUT, I probably could make a boatload of money off of 100% silk laceweight, so I think I'll go with the red (stream of consciousness writing helps solve so many problems, I've found).

So that's it. Will be casting on Monday! Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

stringsofpurls said...

Very pretty Erin! Happy knitting!

Kitty said...

That is going to be absolutly stunning! I'm so excited for you! The shawl is going to be wonderful in red!

I think it's a good idea to knit lace on your own terms. Lace doesn't have to be girlie, and I think it's so cool that you recognized that! I can't wait to watch your progress!

Maiden Jane said...

Red is always stunning. I can't wait to see it!

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

Beautiful choice!

Related Posts with Thumbnails