Friday, January 1, 2010

One Word: Faith

FAITH

Photobucket
baphomet_127, photobucket

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
Mathew 6:26

Today is the day we reflect on what we want out of our New Year. Our goals, accomplishments, resolutions. Truth is, I hadn't given this much thought until I read Maiden Jane and she impressed me so much with her one word New Year's goal: Agape.

Truth be told, my faith has suffered so much over the last few years that agape has been terrifically far from my mind. I believe in God, I love Jesus. I am incredibly thankful for all of the good people that He has led into our life during incredibly difficult times. But situations, road blocks, all of those "life things" have continued to leave me shaky.

So Faith is my word for the New Year. I know that when my faith is strong, everything else just seems so much simpler. I am calmer, happier, more radiant, and, quite frankly, much nicer to be around. I don't know how I'll accomplish this, it all seems so nebulous right now, but I'll make it a goal to keep you posted.

5 comments:

Gloria P. said...

Beautiful and I could not agree more. When we have faith and we throw our burdens on our heavenly father life is calmer, we feel physically and emotionally. Yes we are much nicer to be around!

Kitty said...

Happy New Year! May this year bring to you what you look for in abundance!

OneSweetSong said...

Thanks Erin for stoppin by my new blog! You have such beauty here on yours! Be blessed this New Year--Gina'Rie

janicebotterill said...

Thanks for coming over to stitchingandknitting. Love the colours on your blog and the knitting scout badges. Will be back soon for a catch up!

Maiden Jane said...

I understand how faith can suffer. I've been there the past few years, too. But I think it's a wonderful goal for the year and I look forward to whatever you'd like to share. I like having one word, although I'm not sure how I'll implement it yet. I just hope to live it.

Happy New Year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails