Monday, January 18, 2010

Lace Knit Along

Now here is something that I am excited about! Kate Creates is hosting an
Adventures in Lace Knit Along
which I've joined. I am not good at knitting lace. In fact, I pretty much suck at it. It's one of those things that I've thought I really needed to work on. So what better way to improve my skill than join a knit along hosted by one of my favorite bloggers?

Photobucket

The rules are simple (you can't complain about these!):

1. You can use any pattern.
2. You can use any yarn you wish.
3. You must have fun.
4. Anyone can join at anytime - there are no deadlines.
5. There are no more rules.

Here are the patterns that I am considering. I could only get tiny pics of them, but I've placed their Rav links below. What should I knit? They are all so beautiful!

Photobucket
Absinthe by Sara Morris

Photobucket
Vent d'est vent d'ouest by Marie Adeline Boyer

Photobucket
Woodland Lace Socks by Keere Ann

Photobucket
Victorian Lace Scarf by Rachel Leverton

Photobucket
Baudelaire by Cookie A.

So I'm really excited! First, I've never knit a pair of socks that I actually liked, second, I have so much yarn for this type of thing it's ridiculous, and finally, maybe I'll knit some lace that actually had holes in it!

10 comments:

Maiden Jane said...

Those look like lovely choices. I still haven't decided what to knit yet.

Mary LeMastert said...

THey all are so beautiful!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Kitty said...

I love the absinthe socks! They are pretty and lacy, and just perfect for the KAL! Pick a pattern that inspires you and you'll be all set!

Stacy said...

All of those projects look great. I'm having trouble deciding, too. I'm learning to knit socks, so I might go with that, but I also found a pattern for a gorgeous bird nest smoke ring that I'd like to try.

Erin Wallace said...

I'm thinking of doing the absinthe sock, except that the yarn that I have is orange, not that pretty absinthe green. I'll have to come up with a cool, elicit name for it if I knit it! Or maybe I'll have to splurge on some more sock yarn (as if I need more!).

Aislynn said...

They are all lovely!! :) Thanks for posting about the KAL.. I joined up as well. Should be fun!

Torhild Reidardatter said...

Hi- they sure look good all of them. which one to choose? nightmare some times, right?

ImplausibleYarn said...

Great choices! I think though either the absinthe socks or the shawl. The socks though and that color! I think I'm going to put those socks on a future project list for sure.

Lindsay said...

Woodland Lace Socks!

Do you have any idea how rare it is to find a lace sock with a toe-up pattern? Thank the knitting gods I've found your site and stumbled upon these socks... now if only she'd post the pattern.

stringsofpurls said...

I just wanted to put in a word for the Spring Forward Sock from Knitty. I love that pattern. It is lace, goes fast and fits better than any sock I've ever made. All the choices look beautiful! Happy knitting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails