Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I Love: Celtic Crosses

Perhaps, after all, our best thoughts come when we are alone. It is good to listen, not to voices but to the wind blowing, to the brook running cool over polished stones, to bees drowsy with the weight of pollen. If we attend to the music of the earth, we reach serenity. And then, in some unexplained way, we share it with others.

-Gladys Taber

Photobucket
AngelicHeaven, photobucket

I am of Irish heritage, but I don't think this explains my love of the Celtic Cross. There is something unending, wise, and strong about the Celtic cross. And something serene. When I see a picture like the one above, I smell the dirt and moss and feel the chill of the air. I feel something ancient and astute rise up in me. I want to pull my collar up closer to protect myself from the salt off of the moor. I feel the joy of the Trinity, and yes, the sacrifice of God. I love Celtic Crosses.

3 comments:

Maiden Jane said...

They are beautiful. I'm of Irish descent, too, so the crosses abound around here - except that I do not have one.

Magnolia Handspun said...

SO do I and I have the same exact one on my wall.

Anonymous said...

Me too. I'm Irish as well, and I'm in love with all things Irish, the serenity it seems to hold.

Related Posts with Thumbnails