So, I am incredible humbled and honored to have been awarded the Beautiful Blogger Award by Cheri of CheGo2 the Kitchen! This is a total shock, as Cheri hasn't been reading the old blog for very long (that I know of) and yet she considered me worthy. So I'm a little Gobstopped.
But excited, too! I've always wanted to win this one! Thanks!!!!
1. When I come across the movie "Urban Cowboy" on the T.V. I become paralyzed, unable to take my eyes off of the screen. I just love John Travolta's angsty cowboy rage (and that soundtrack) (oh, and Debra Winger!).
2. I came to Christ when I was 12 walking home from school. I just stopped walking, told Him I wanted to let Him in, and there he was. That easy. And He's been with me ever since.
3. I used to collect tinted lithographs of nature and garden scenes. I have a lot.
5. I had my gall bladder out when I was 28. Just quit working, just like that. When they looked at it, it looked perfectly healthy, but it was like that battery on it died and it had to be removed.
6. I like ridiculous comedies. Like Zoolander and Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. My favorite is Anchorman ("I love scotch. Scotchy scotch scotch. There it goes. Down into my belly").
7. My worst childhood act was stealing my Grandma's Captain and Tenille album - the one with "Muskrat Love." She knew immediately who had done it and come storming into my house to get it back and give me a stare of death. She scared me straight!
9. I know how to rewire a lamp. Try it sometime. It's easy.
10. When I was a resident I used to order tomato and onion pizzas. They smell like old gym socks but they sure taste good!
So now I have to find 10 recipients to pass the award along to. Which is difficult because I read SO MANY great blogs and quite a few of them have already received The Beautiful Blogger Award. And who can I say doesn't have a beautiful spirit? All of my bloggy sisters do. So, after much deliberation, the award goes to:
Heather of Implausible Yarn
Roxanne of The 60/40
Relyn of Come Sit By My Fire
Stephanie of Handmade by God
Maegan of Madeline Bea: Life Set to Words
Anna of lilla lotta
Kate of Lazy Kate Creates
Manda of There is a Time...
Mary of In a Soft Light
Beth of be yourself...everyone else is taken
And finally, a very special shout out to Ashley of Little Miss Momma, which I've only just started reading, but who I know is a Beautiful Blogger simply from her post I Have a Secret. Any of my long time readers know that I know all about this. I admire your courage, Ashley.