Saturday, June 26, 2010

Wise Prince

Enter for a $40 CSN Gift Card! Drawing Thursday! Click HERE.

Photobucket

All grown-ups were children first. (But few remember it).

I am very fond of sunsets. Come, let us go look at a sunset...

Photobucket

"Where are the people?" resumed the little prince at last. "It's a little lonely in the desert..."
"It is lonely when you're among people, too," said the snake.

Here is my secret. It is very simple: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

Only children know what they are looking for.

Photobucket

source

"What makes the desert beautiful," says the little prince, "is that somewhere it hides a well."

"That is the hardest thing of all. It is much harder to judge yourself than to judge others. If you succeed in judging yourself, it's because you're truly a wise man."

Photobucket

"People where you live," the little prince said, "grow five thousand roses in one garden... yet they don't find what they're looking for..."
"They don't find it," I answered.
"And yet what they're looking for could be found in a single rose, or a little water..."
"Of course," I answered.
And the little prince added, "But eyes are blind. You have to look with the heart."

Photobucket


All photos We Heart It

17 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

i love these quotes- this is one of my fav books- I only have the french version though-

Mrs. Mother said...

I love the Little Prince, but I don't have a copy of it. I should probably get one and read it to Tessa. I'm trying to read some of the classics to her, along with some of the books that were written when I was a kid, like the Fudge series by Judy Blume.

Claudia said...

Oh I haven't read this book for years but I think I have to re-read it soon. Thanks for the teaser! Claudia

A MilShelb Mom said...

I love this book! We had to read it in my french class in high school. :)
~Maggie

R Montalban said...

What absolutely stunning pictures you have captured to go along with a beautifully written blog - inspirational!

Moon to Moon said...

Wow what a lovely blog. Thank you for following me, i shall defiantly be following you xx

Island Gal said...

Loveeeeeed that book!!

Anonymous said...

I miss my high school days with that book. We had a great time discussing that with our english teacher. One of the best days of my high school life.

Lily Dawn said...

Beautiful blog! so glad to find you!
following back =)

Lily
http://bilslandfamily.blogspot.com/

Joy Muldoon said...

thanks for the follow! you have a beautiful blog!

Linda said...

Lovely!

Anonymous said...

How did I miss that you posted something yesterday? OMG I love that sunset photo!!! Amazing isn't it????

Johana Hill said...

I'll say it again: Your pictures are beautiful! Where do you find 'em?

Anonymous said...

hi erin:

hope you had a fantastic weekend and enjoyed some sunset viewing.

just wanted to let you know i finally posted my blog award you passed on to me a couple weeks. sorry it took me a while to do this. i had been busy with last minute preparations and details with interviews and glad to say i got the job.

thank you again for choosing me to share your award with, you are the sweetest. here is my link to my post on the award and my own personal answers...

http://lepassionforfashion.blogspot.com/2010/06/something-about-me.html

oxox, liz

Cat said...

Such a wise comment...we were all children once and could learn a lot to tune into and adopt their commiment to learning and growing!

Unknown said...

I LOVE your blog!! I would like to give you an award!! please come here to get it!!Thank You!

http://coutureunraveled.blogspot.com

Relyn Lawson said...

Erin,
I love it! You did a marvelous job with this post. I feel happy and inspired just from reading it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails