Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Morning

Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for the springing fresh from the word

Photobucket

Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where his feet pass

Photobucket

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day

lyrics by Eleanor Farjeon


Photos from We Heart It and Beauty In Everything

10 comments:

Carey said...

Beautiful pictures with equally beautiful words.

beth said...

one of these mornings i'm getting up at the crack of dawn, just to enjoy the softness of the summer morning....

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

those are great photos- I am going to check out the site.

chantelle said...

oh my, you have the loveliest collection of beautiful, beautiful images :) i love your blog!
x

lori said...

i always loved that song, and now it's in my head as i start my own day. thank you.
xoL

Moon Mommy said...

Oooh, Cat Stevens. I haven't thought about him in forever. I still have that album (yes, album) Teaser and the Firecat. A beautiful song, but your pictures are even more so!

Lois Evensen said...

So very pretty - both words and images.

Unknown said...

love that song!

Michelle said...

Beautiful, thanks for sharing-

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I am definitely your newest follower! I LOVE your blog. I stopped by from SITS and am so glad I did! I'll be back for sure- so inspiring!

Related Posts with Thumbnails