Friday, March 26, 2010

Have a Hippie Day

I love a bit of boho in my wardrobe. I try to put a boho twist into every outfit that I wear (except on my high school preppy frame of mind days). While surfing etsy, I found some great clothes to add to my arsenal.

I've always thought that boho didn't need to be kitchy or overdone, there are some amazing designers that put a modern twist on things. But then again, sometimes you just need a good patchwork skirt.

Photobucket
This amazing patchwork skirt by Urban Prairie Girl is $82.00

Indian clothing always lends an outfit a touch of hippie chic.

Photobucket

Rajastani skirt from East Indian Exports for $23.99.

Plum Pretty Sugar has the most amazingly beautiful clothing.

Photobucket
This cotton voile tunic dress is $68.00

The embroidered tunic top is light and feminine and quintessentially boho.

Photobucket
Spun Shop carries oodles of varieties of embroidered tops; this Mexican styled one is $45.00

Lace insets can take a flouncy, futsy shirt to hippie cool.

Photobucket
A cotton lace ruffle top from Beyond Clothing would look great with a pair of dark jeans. $35.00


Photobucket
I love this Tencel/linen tunic by Cocoricoo. $44.00

Every wardrobe needs a touch of whimsy. Katwise makes the most amazing "coat of many colors" patchwork garments out of recycled sweaters. They are always reserved; if you have to have one, you'll have to visit her store often. Her pieces don't come cheap, but they are amazing, one of a kind, and could become a statement piece.


Photobucket
$198.00

Next post - accessories!


3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my inner hippie just came out of hiding! Thanks for sharing!

E said...

Will do! There's nothing like a loose, colorful outfit :)

Joy said...

Gorgeous choices! I love them all. You have me inspired!

Related Posts with Thumbnails