Monday, March 8, 2010

I Want a Gustavian Home

I'm thinking I want a classic Swedish home. I love blue and white, especially the icy blue of Gustavian design.

Photobucket


Who wouldn't want to live in a home so light and airy?

Photobucket


I love the mix of newer antiques with the classic colors. I could live here; go on, twist my arm.

Photobucket

When I saw this picture of a coffee shop in Sweden I thought "That would be a beautiful kitchen."

Photobucket

These living rooms are sublime.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wouldn't you love to see these spaces in your home?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm afraid if I had these bedrooms, I'd never leave them.

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Aren't these headboards beautiful? They are $749 each on Wisteria.)

Check out this site for more beautiful Gustavian design.

Photos from Google.


5 comments:

Susan said...

Yes, I'd love those rooms in my home!!

Cora said...

I love that bright, airy, open feeling with lots of light. I can't wait to repaint my living, dining and kitchen one day. These are beautiful.

Stacy said...

I've been wanting to decorate my bedroom in blue and white, but so far it's still a hodgepodge of color. Those tall pictures are nice, and so are the headboards.

lillalotta said...

... I can move in next week. No problem :)

Magnolia Handspun said...

Love the Gustavian style.
I have a clock like that from my mom that we shipped over here from Sweden when we moved...from 1764 (green and red)love it. The furniture was so beautifully made in that era.

Related Posts with Thumbnails